Sunday, May 22, 2016

GSoC'16 Community Bonding Period Round-Up

The GSoC'16 community bonding period has finally come to an end. It has been a very successful one for me. Especially because I was able to meet up with all I have plan to do during this period according to my project time-line.

  1. Bonding with assigned mentors (SURYADIP CHAKRABORTY and Kesha Shah) as well other members of the 2016 GSoC AUT team.
  2. Worked with the former GSoC contributor for the MACC test automation to setup development environment.
  3. Reviewed current test framework. That is understanding folder structure and layout.
  4. Published minutes for the first gsoc-aut-2016 team hangout.
  5. Following up with last year GSoC student to understand and map out project requirements based on what she defined at the end of the GSoC'15 as future work.(In progress)
  6. Exchanged emails with with GSoC'16 student for the MACC project. The purpose of the mail is to involve the MACC development team in developing the Test Plan.
  7. Made a couple of PRs on project related issues. 
  8. Follow up you-tube tutorials on Page object Model framework using Selenium and JAVA, Data Driven Framework Selenium Webdriver

My mentors and the entire Systers community has been particularly helpful in guiding me attain the project goals and objectives.

Haven faced some challenges at the start with setting up my local development environment, I finally got up to speed. With everything rightly in place now I look forward to start coding the summer away..


No comments:

Post a Comment